The Enigma of the Knights Templar

What was the true reason for the crusades? Was it because of the Templar's quest to get a hold of the Ark of the Covenant? And if so, what was the Ark of the Covenant? Was it really just a box containing the ten commandments, or was it really a storage container for an extraterrestrial food-dispensing device called "The Manna Machine"? What if this Manna Machine was later referred to as the "Holy Grail"? What if the Holy Grail / Manna Machine was the "Baphomet," an allegedly sinister object in Templar lore?

Moderators: siren13, Giorgio Tsoukalos, Essence

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:24 pm

maxmercury wrote:Not to be off topic, but the Decoded episode dealing with D B Cooper was really good as they actually found what appears to be the person responsible for the job.

I hope they do an episode on the Knights Templar in the USA in the future.

yes, I whole-heartedly agree and I actually watched the show from my relatives home in Bonney Lake, WA last night. Today we drove by the print shop where DB Cooper (Ken Christensen) used to live - too weird!!

epiphanee

knights templar

Postby epiphanee » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:14 pm

mahalla2 wrote:
maxmercury wrote:Not to be off topic, but the Decoded episode dealing with D B Cooper was really good as they actually found what appears to be the person responsible for the job.

yes, I whole-heartedly agree and I actually watched the show from my relatives home in Bonney Lake, WA last night. Today we drove by the print shop where DB Cooper (Ken Christensen) used to live - too weird!!

Anyone watch the special about the hooked X rhunic symbol found in Christopher Columbus signature, the Newport tower, and what seems to be the discovery of America before C.C.?

mahalla2

Re: knights templar

Postby mahalla2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:38 pm

epiphanee wrote:
mahalla2 wrote:

Anyone watch the special about the hooked X rhunic symbol found in Christopher Columbus signature, the Newport tower, and what seems to be the discovery of America before C.C.?

yes, that was very fascinating too! I might be wrong but seems to me I have seen a similar hooked-X rhunic symbol associated with the Catholic Pope of the Byzantine Empire while doing some research a couple of years ago.

epiphanee

Postby epiphanee » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:56 pm

mahalla2 wrote:
epiphanee wrote:
mahalla2 wrote:

yes, that was very fascinating too! I might be wrong but seems to me I have seen a similar hooked-X rhunic symbol associated with the Catholic Pope of the Byzantine Empire while doing some research a couple of years ago.

Then there was that Sir from England? that could have brought the ark of the covenant to the island off Canada. The island with the shafts of water under it and a pit made of poles. I wonder if he was a Knights Templar?

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:36 pm

epiphanee wrote:
mahalla2 wrote:
epiphanee wrote:
mahalla2 wrote:

Then there was that Sir from England? that could have brought the ark of the covenant to the island off Canada. The island with the shafts of water under it and a pit made of poles. I wonder if he was a Knights Templar?

well, seems to me there were at least two factions of the Knights Templar, one being associated with the Catholic Pope from Rome and the other being associated earlier with the Catholic Pope of the Byzantine Empire (remember the Great Schism 0f 1060?) And maybe the later already had a presence in America. If that was the case I can see them creating a huge trap to dispose of their competition and now arch enemies(especially if the Templars from Scotland came looking for the AOC because they didn't already have it but knew where it was located) just a theory - but don't you love it! :)

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:24 pm

I did watch that problem with the Knights Templar symbols found in the USA. One thing they also noticed is on many of the glass windows and art work on Cathedrals in Europe, ears of corn can be seen.

I think there was more than one group of Knights Templar. I do know the Germanic version was called the Teutonic Knights and they lasted a lot longer than the Knights Templar did.

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:06 am

maxmercury wrote:I did watch that problem with the Knights Templar symbols found in the USA. One thing they also noticed is on many of the glass windows and art work on Cathedrals in Europe, ears of corn can be seen.

I think there was more than one group of Knights Templar. I do know the Germanic version was called the Teutonic Knights and they lasted a lot longer than the Knights Templar did.

yes, I personally thought those images could have been corn or aloe leaves, and either one could have been from America.

Didn't the Teutonic knights hale from the Ottoman Empire? If so it would seem their connection would have been with the Eastern Byzantine Empire originally unless they switched loyalties to Rome instead. The Syrians of course were some of the first Templar knights so it would seem to me that the Eastern Muslim brotherhood and the Western Masonic brotherhood of today might originally have been cut from the same cloth so to speak -

epiphanee

knights templar

Postby epiphanee » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 am

So at what point are the Knights Templar considered extinct? And replaced by the Free Masons? The information I received said the Knights were a small group after the crusades. I don't really believe that. Anyone know what else the Knights Templar were AKA...?

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:08 am

epiphanee wrote:So at what point are the Knights Templar considered extinct? And replaced by the Free Masons? The information I received said the Knights were a small group after the crusades. I don't really believe that. Anyone know what else the Knights Templar were AKA...?

well, for example, even the Aztec's referred to themselves as knights and as many history detectives know the "raven" played a big role in meso-american legends just as it did in Old English (the monarchy will only exist as long as the "ravens" continue to exist in the royal courtyard) Native Americans believe that "raven" was a symbol of their people who first lived in the North and was white, then moved to the South where he turned dark. Thus, it is probably anyone's guess what all the names might be that these descendents of knights called themselves throughout history. One thing for sure is that they prided themselves in keeping information about their group secret which came in handy I'm sure when they began battling against each other for power and control of the earth's resources (by the way they are probably still doing today). :roll:

epiphanee

Postby epiphanee » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:29 am

mahalla2 wrote:
epiphanee wrote:So at what point are the Knights Templar considered extinct? And replaced by the Free Masons? The information I received said the Knights were a small group after the crusades. I don't really believe that. Anyone know what else the Knights Templar were AKA...?

well, for example, even the Aztec's referred to themselves as knights and as many history detectives know the "raven" played a big role in meso-american legends just as it did in Old English (the monarchy will only exist as long as the "ravens" continue to exist in the royal courtyard) Native Americans believe that "raven" was a symbol of their people who first lived in the North and was white, then moved to the South where he turned dark. Thus, it is probably anyone's guess what all the names might be that these descendents of knights called themselves throughout history. One thing for sure is that they prided themselves in keeping information about their group secret which came in handy I'm sure when they began battling against each other for power and control of the earth's resources (by the way they are probably still doing today). :roll:

Very interesting... I've noticed the Raven theme before but did not know they coincided with the Knights Templar. I have been looking at cultures with the Thor/Jehovah/Zeus theme. I recently found the Pacific Northest Native Americans have several that include the thunderbird, the whale, the transformer and another moon story I posted in another thread. The museum where I work has an extensive masons archive, but I wonder how much help that will be... :?

Lately I've also been thinking the warring factions are fighting sometimes on the border of land and sea... or perhaps into ocean abysses. So if they are warring for resources which I also believe, who is protecting us and why?

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:28 pm

epiphanee wrote:
mahalla2 wrote:

Very interesting... I've noticed the Raven theme before but did not know they coincided with the Knights Templar. I have been looking at cultures with the Thor/Jehovah/Zeus theme. I recently found the Pacific Northest Native Americans have several that include the thunderbird, the whale, the transformer and another moon story I posted in another thread. The museum where I work has an extensive masons archive, but I wonder how much help that will be... :?

Lately I've also been thinking the warring factions are fighting sometimes on the border of land and sea... or perhaps into ocean abysses. So if they are warring for resources which I also believe, who is protecting us and why?

yes, you are right that the extensive Masonic archives will probably be of little use because it is only the information that has been approved (sanctified) by higher degreed Masons for public viewing.

I believe that for a very long time this has and continues to be a world-wide event and the main opposing (warring) factions will stop at nothing (and religion has very little if nothing to do with it) until they have gained the resources and achieved the power/control they seek. You and I and the rest of the world's population have little significance to them. :(

epiphanee

natural resources

Postby epiphanee » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:05 pm

So our use of natural resources on earth is of little impact on the productiveness of the planet? It is very probable their mining of resources goes on below us without our knowledge. And it may be that the scale of our destruction is not of interest to them. If there is a war, and we are not a part of it, why are we still allowed our miserable existence on the surface? We have thus far been protected from destruction.
It is not religion I am speaking of. I am talking about the oldest oral traditions being repeated, interaction with Creator Gods, Star People, leaders of great powers and great technology that bring civilization to cavemen. If humans brought civilization to ourselves as evolution teaches, why do humans claim that it was brought from someone in the sky? I am speaking philosphically of course. Not directed towards anyone.

I do see what you are saying about the Knights influence of power on the planet. The banking institution is the easiest way for bankers to gain any resources they want to.

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:02 pm

The Teutonic Knights were Germanic in nature and controlled areas like Poland, Lithuania and many German states. Most of the Princes (Electors) in those areas were independent and did not adhere to the Pope in Rome. When they started to round up the Knights Templar, the Teutonic Knights were mainly left alone.

I have read where the Knights Templar disbanded as a public group as soon as the persecutions began so their wealth could be taken. I also read that the Scottish Rite was one of the first groups to come out of survivors of those terrible times.

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 am

maxmercury wrote:The Teutonic Knights were Germanic in nature and controlled areas like Poland, Lithuania and many German states. Most of the Princes (Electors) in those areas were independent and did not adhere to the Pope in Rome. When they started to round up the Knights Templar, the Teutonic Knights were mainly left alone.

I have read where the Knights Templar disbanded as a public group as soon as the persecutions began so their wealth could be taken. I also read that the Scottish Rite was one of the first groups to come out of survivors of those terrible times.

yes, that is perhaps all true but my point was there are at least two groups today that appear to have originated with the earliest Knights Templar (Knights of Solomon) who after the "Great Schism of 1060" became competing enemies and helped instigate each others undoing for a time! The Western (Rome affilated) knights evolved into what we know as Free Masonary, and the Eastern (Greek Byzantine affilated) knights evolved for the most part into the Muslim Brotherhood. Thus, the possibility of secret negotiations at the highest levels between the two (outside the realm of public knowledge or approval) could be taking place right now. And don't forget that an Egyptian (Sabian) army was enlisted for service to the Pope of Rome a long time ago along with Norman (Norse), and Syrian (Almaffi) forces so there has been a real mixture of loyalties and disloyalties over the past thousand years amongst these various groups of knights. I think as the struggle for world resources and power escalates we all need to pay attention to what unfolds - :(

Desert Rat

Descended from Henry Sinclair

Postby Desert Rat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:18 pm

Well, after my UFO eyewitness account and research into this field, I uncovered the fact that my grandfather was Henry Sinclair, 1st Earl of Caithness, Scotland and his grandson was William Sinclair 3rd Earl of Caithness, Scotland who built the castle at Rosslyn, Scotland and became part of the movie relating to the Holy Grail. After researching my Genealogy background which includes 1,700 individuals I noticed the name of Sinclair or St. Clair which was the Normandy France spelling. I am also descended from King James of Scotland. Henry Sinclair was the Lord who assisted Robert the Bruce in the battle of Brannicksburg with his Templar Knights to win the freedom of Scotland remembering the movie Braveheart. Why is this also part of my heritage? I haven't the faintest idea anymore as to what is happening to me. I wish for peace and understanding.

mahalla2

Re: Descended from Henry Sinclair

Postby mahalla2 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Desert Rat wrote:Well, after my UFO eyewitness account and research into this field, I uncovered the fact that my grandfather was Henry Sinclair, 1st Earl of Caithness, Scotland and his grandson was William Sinclair 3rd Earl of Caithness, Scotland who built the castle at Rosslyn, Scotland and became part of the movie relating to the Holy Grail. After researching my Genealogy background which includes 1,700 individuals I noticed the name of Sinclair or St. Clair which was the Normandy France spelling. I am also descended from King James of Scotland. Henry Sinclair was the Lord who assisted Robert the Bruce in the battle of Brannicksburg with his Templar Knights to win the freedom of Scotland remembering the movie Braveheart. Why is this also part of my heritage? I haven't the faintest idea anymore as to what is happening to me. I wish for peace and understanding.

we might have a few things in common - I will pm you

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:21 pm

The Sinclair (or St Clair) family might be one of the directly descended lines of either Jesus or his brother Joseph of Arimathea according to Laurence Gardner. I have to find the book where he traces this lineage so I can give you all the title of it. His writing is a bit dry, but he does have plenty of data in them.

Tombstone

Re: Descended from Henry Sinclair

Postby Tombstone » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:37 am

Desert Rat wrote:Well, after my UFO eyewitness account and research into this field, I uncovered the fact that my grandfather was Henry Sinclair, 1st Earl of Caithness, Scotland and his grandson was William Sinclair 3rd Earl of Caithness, Scotland who built the castle at Rosslyn, Scotland and became part of the movie relating to the Holy Grail. After researching my Genealogy background which includes 1,700 individuals I noticed the name of Sinclair or St. Clair which was the Normandy France spelling. I am also descended from King James of Scotland. Henry Sinclair was the Lord who assisted Robert the Bruce in the battle of Brannicksburg with his Templar Knights to win the freedom of Scotland remembering the movie Braveheart. Why is this also part of my heritage? I haven't the faintest idea anymore as to what is happening to me. I wish for peace and understanding.

I am confused. How could your grandfather be Henry Sinclair, who was born two generations before William Sinclair who built Roslyn Chapel? Roslyn Chapel started to be built in 1446?

"Sir Henry St Clair, 10th Baron of Rosslyn, 2nd Prince of Orkney
Succeeded 1400, died 1420"

This man is your grandfather?

Maybe I am reading this post out of sequence and I missed the thrust of your statement? I don't mean to insult your statement or anything abouit the Saint Clair family. I do believe that the Roslyn Chapel is the linch-pin that connects the Knight Templars and modern day Freemasons. I went to Roslyn just last year and it is a magnificent structure that is just "Stuffed to the gils" with clues. :D

Please correct me if I misunderstood what you said.

Theory

Re: The Enigma of the Knights Templar

Postby Theory » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:07 pm

Is it written any where about who exactly the Knight templars were, like their names? While working on my family history, I came upon a few relatives dating way back when that had a side note stating they were knight templars, so I was wondering how or where someone could double check that?

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Theory wrote:Is it written any where about who exactly the Knight templars were, like their names? While working on my family history, I came upon a few relatives dating way back when that had a side note stating they were knight templars, so I was wondering how or where someone could double check that?

There are many good books about the Knights Templar that state the names of the founders and some powerful members. I would try to look them up and see if you can find ones that might have the names of all the members. They were excellent at keeping records, so there has to be the names somewhere.

Good luck on finding your answers. I would assume it is very possible you had ancestors who were in the Knights Templar. They did number in the thousands when they were at their height.

Tombstone

Postby Tombstone » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 am

Theory wrote:Is it written anywhere about who exactly the Knight templars were, like their names? While working on my family history, I came upon a few relatives dating way back when that had a side note stating they were knight templars, so I was wondering how or where someone could double check that?

How many generations back are you talking about? If it is only within the past two or three generations, they were probably "Masonic" Knight Templars, like me. Here is a link to a page that will give you some of that history:

http://www.yorkrite.com/hraktp/history.html

This is the Official webpage of the modern day York Rite:

http://www.yorkrite.org/

This is the symbol of a York Rite Knight Templar:

The most recent solid link that I have found in my researches on the "Real" Knight Templars that were disbanded and double-crossed by the puppet Pope and King Philip IV of France on October 13, 1307 was in Rosslyn Chapel Scotland. Rosslyn Chapel was built between 1446 and 1484 by Sir William St Clair, 3rd Prince of Orkney. It is an absolutely spectacular place to visit and if you have researched both Masonry and the Knights Templar like I have, you will in my humble opinion, notice the connection as soon as you walk through the doors.

Here is the link to Rosslyn Chapel:

http://www.rosslynchapel.org.uk/

I am satisfied in my mind that Sir William St Clair (The Sinclair Oil Family) was a descendant of one of the original Knights Templar and I without a doubt believe that the Templars survived many generations after their persecution in 1307, in secret. (This is where most of the Masonic Oaths come from) It stands to reason that they would even continue to exist today because of their nobility and honor, but I would think that they would be a very select few and they would be very secretive.

We are only recently, since the American Revolution basically free to speak of such things. Before that, if you happened to tell someone that you were a Knight Templar, you would most likely find yourself being tortured by some Inquisitor and put to a very painful and slow death.

Here is a list of the Grand Masters of The Knights Templar up until their persecution:

1118-1136 Hugh dePayens
1136-1146 Robert de Craon
1146-1149 Everard des Barres
1149-1153 Bernard de Trmelai
1153-1156 Andre de Montbard
1156-1169 Bertrand de Blanchefort
1169-1171 Philip de Milly
1171-1179 Odo de St Amand
1179-1184 Arnold de Toroga
1185-1189 Gerard de Ridfort
1191-1193 Robert de Sable
1193-1200 Gilbert Erail
1201-1208 Philip de Plessiez
1209-1219 William de Chartres
1219-1230 Pedro de Montaigu
(???)-1244 Armond de Perigord
1245-1247 Richard de Bures
1247-1250 William de Sonnac
1250-1256 Reynald de Vichiers
1256-1273 Thomas Berard
1273-1291 William de Beaujeu
1291-1293 Tibald de Gaudin
1293-1314 Jacques de Molay

Here is a list of alleged Grand Masters after this period of time:

``(From Mackey's Lexicon of Freemasonry.) “
John Mark Larmenius 1313
Thomas Theobald Alexandrinus; otherwise
Francis Thomas Theobald 1324
Arnold de Braque 1340
John de Claremont 1349
Bertrand du Guesclin 1357
John Arminiacus 1381
Bernard Arminiacus 1392
John Arminiacus 1419
John de Croy 1451
Bernard Imbault 1472
Robert Lenoncourt 1478
Galeatius de Salazar 1497
Philip Chabot 1516
Gaspard de Galtiaco Tavanensis 1544
Henry de Montmorency 1574
Charles de Valois 1615
James Ruxellius de Granceio 1651
James Henry, Duc de Duras 1681
Philip, Duke of Orleans 1705
Louis Augustus Bourbon 1724
Louis Henry Bourbon Conde 1737
Louis Francis Bourbon Conty 1741
Louis Hercules Timoleon, Due de Cosse Brissac. 1776
Claude M. R. Chevillon 1792
Bernard Raymund Fabre Palaprat 1804
Sir William Sidney Smith 1838 Died 1840

http://sinclair.quarterman.org/templars ... sters.html

This list does not preclude Sir William St Clair from being a Knight Templar, but only a Grand Master.

(If it is to be believed at all?)

Back to your question, in order to know whether or not your ancestors were really in one of these “Priories” of the surviving true Knights Templar, you would have to come across those official records of the right one in order to find your ancestors names on their rolls. (I would think that knowing their secretive nature this would be almost impossible) You might have better luck going to whatever town they lived in and trying to find either a local historian or an actual organization there that they might have belonged to.

I wish you the best luck in your quest. Let me know if you find something out.

Sincerely,

Chuck Manetta

Theory

Postby Theory » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Thank you so much for the information. The first alleged Knight templar in my family line is Robert de Ros of Fursan 4th Lord of Hamlake (1172 or 1177 – 11 December 1226), he was married to William 1st the lion, king of Scotland's illegitimate daughter, Isabel of Dunkeld. He also was part of the Magna Carta surety. From what I have read so far about the Knights, William was a big supporter of them, so there's somewhat of a connection. Robert's father was Everard de Ros, I see an Everard in your list but the last part of the name is different. I've found two other people's family histories that say Robert was a templar, but no proof yet. I'll check out the sites you listed tonight when I have more time.

The more I learn about my family history the more I think I'm directly related to everyone. :lol: I know none of this really matters, I just find it really interesting and fun.

Tombstone

Postby Tombstone » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:51 am

Theory wrote:Thank you so much for the information. The first alleged Knight templar in my family line is Robert de Ros of Fursan 4th Lord of Hamlake (1172 or 1177 – 11 December 1226), he was married to William 1st the lion, king of Scotland's illegitimate daughter, Isabel of Dunkeld. He also was part of the Magna Carta surety. From what I have read so far about the Knights, William was a big supporter of them, so there's somewhat of a connection. Robert's father was Everard de Ros, I see an Everard in your list but the last part of the name is different. I've found two other people's family histories that say Robert was a templar, but no proof yet. I'll check out the sites you listed tonight when I have more time.

The more I learn about my family history the more I think I'm directly related to everyone. :lol: I know none of this really matters, I just find it really interesting and fun.

Theory,

I am very happy that you have gone so far back with your genealogy. I am getting lost at only four or five generations and find it very frustrating! My problem is the big jump "Across the Pond" so to speak. I don't know where you live, but for me accessing the records overseas via computer is very difficult. Not to mention something that you might be running into, people changing their names on a whim?

For years, since I was Charles Isadore Manetta III and my father was Charles Isadore Manetta Jr., I assumed that my grandfather’s name was Charles Isadore Manetta. Wrong! Somewhere along the line he swapped first and middle names! (I guess Isadore in America wasn't too cool?) He changed his name from Isadore Charles Manetta to Charles Isadore Manetta and there is no record of it! Just a big gap!

If you haven't yet been to England and Scotland (or don't live there), I highly recommend you visit it. We went there a couple of years ago on a whim and fell in love with it, the people were wonderful and the country is beautiful. Unlike America, history and its records go back thousands of years and not just a few hundred like here.

Good Luck in your Quest! :D

Chuck

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Thank you Tombstone for that information. I have to get a bookshelf put up so I can take my books out of the boxes and organize them. It will make things much easier to go and find the information I need to help with some of these questions.

It is good to have many here who are knowledgeable of these subjects.

Theory

Postby Theory » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Tombstone wrote:Theory,

I am very happy that you have gone so far back with your genealogy. I am getting lost at only four or five generations and find it very frustrating! My problem is the big jump "Across the Pond" so to speak. I don't know where you live, but for me accessing the records overseas via computer is very difficult. Not to mention something that you might be running into, people changing their names on a whim?

For years, since I was Charles Isadore Manetta III and my father was Charles Isadore Manetta Jr., I assumed that my grandfather’s name was Charles Isadore Manetta. Wrong! Somewhere along the line he swapped first and middle names! (I guess Isadore in America wasn't too cool?) He changed his name from Isadore Charles Manetta to Charles Isadore Manetta and there is no record of it! Just a big gap!

If you haven't yet been to England and Scotland (or don't live there), I highly recommend you visit it. We went there a couple of years ago on a whim and fell in love with it, the people were wonderful and the country is beautiful. Unlike America, history and its records go back thousands of years and not just a few hundred like here.

Good Luck in your Quest! :D

Chuck

I also live in the U.S. and it would be soooo much easier to find this information if I were in Europe. I've been able to go back even further with a few other family lines, only because these lines have alot of royalties, knights, well known people, ect., if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be so far into it. I know all to well about name changes. Apparently in Denmark they used to or might still do use their first names as their childs last name and their last names as the childs first names, or they just mixed their names all up. For example, Bjork Christianson and Dana Rammusen had a child named Christian Bjorkusen *not real names*. Thanks to that fun detail I haven't been able to get past my ggreat grandparents on that line.

I would love to go to Europe, but I am afraid that if I do go I would never come back :wink:

Sorry, for hijacking your thread, Max :oops:

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:31 am

Researching family history is a very fun and enlightening experience I think. About ten years ago I began researching both my paternal and maternal family lineages, and spent many long hours deeply entrenched into the research. On my father's side there was a justice of the peace in the "Old West" Dakota's who married a Native American woman, a civil war general, and a many greats grandfather who came to America with his wife and children from Lincolnshire, England in 1626 aboard a ship named the Abigail, and helped found the town of Lynne, Massachusetts which I believe later became an area of Boston, Massachusetts. His ancestors had belonged to the Knights of Bath, and he was also the many greats grandfather of Laura Ingalls Wilder, the American author. My mother's side was equally as interesting to me, and I also spent many long hours researching her ancestral lineage until one day I learned from her that one of her aunts who was a teacher had gone back to England and Scotland (with a relative from the South) in the 1950's to throughly research the family history. Evidently they had stayed several months, and from all the information they retrieved together they wrote a book called the Geneology of Oliver Littlejohn, and it contained information about her family from the late 1100's through the birth of my mother in 1928. My mother told me that her brother was the only person who might still have a copy so buried in his basement in an old box, I found the book. To make a long story short I learned that my very normal hardworking family was descended from the Kings of Scotland, and the research information began with the grandfather of King "Robert the Bruce"(who were Templar Knights), and continued until the last entry which was the birth of my mother. Life is really interesting don't you think, and makes me realize that we are all intricately woven into the pattern of the past and present. Yes, research your family history because you might be really surprized at what you discover - :)

Jir1984

Postby Jir1984 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:26 am

not to go way off topic, but does anyone know of any good movies re: the Knights Templar? I can't think of any that focus on their tale or their history. I'm sure there are some documentaries out there but i'm talking about specifically movies.

Theory

Postby Theory » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:13 am

Jir1984 wrote:not to go way off topic, but does anyone know of any good movies re: the Knights Templar? I can't think of any that focus on their tale or their history. I'm sure there are some documentaries out there but i'm talking about specifically movies.

I haven't watched these yet, so I don't know how much they are based on facts, but this is all I could find. Arn: A knight templar, Code of the Templars, Ironclad, and Soldier of God. Hope that helps.

Mivan

Postby Mivan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:25 pm

From reading The Twelth Planet and The End of Days by Stichin I have concluded the Knights Templar were a clean up squad for the Ananaki technology on earth. Their banner appears many centuries earlier on clay tablets and not commensurate with Christianity. All of this wondrous technology and none of it survives today? Odd.

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Mivan wrote:From reading The Twelth Planet and The End of Days by Stichin I have concluded the Knights Templar were a clean up squad for the Ananaki technology on earth. Their banner appears many centuries earlier on clay tablets and not commensurate with Christianity. All of this wondrous technology and none of it survives today? Odd.

Many researchers do conclude they were not Christians in the sense of Catholicism in the day. There are other authors who suggest an ancient astronaut connection and they were on quests to look for artifacts and other mystical objects.

You are also correct in that the cross itself is an ancient symbol and did not always mean Christianity (the Romans used T-bar shaped posts or trees for crucifixion). I do think the cross was borrowed from Pagans to get them to adapt to Christianity easier.

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:09 am

I think the "T" symbol was often used by ancient people as a marker/sign of sorts to communicate to others where their group was at or where a specific event had taken place. Also, it seems the Knights Templar probably originated with a military "corps" that was formed to protect the Hebrew king from unruly descendents/followers of Jezebel who had been the wife of Ahab (another Hebrew king). These men were recruited from many nations and states in the OT (Old Testament) something to the fact they were strategically the best of the best.

Cartomancer

Postby Cartomancer » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:40 am

The mystery of the cornerstone is an enigma. I think the Jefferson Pier Stone is an equally mysterious stone. Jefferson placed a pier stone or surveyors stone at the spot where he wanted the future Washington Monument to be built. Over time it was "lost" and replaced by a replica that states that it is a copy. This stone resembles the markers that define the original boundaries of Washington D.C. Interestingly in the movie "Riddles in Stone, the secret architecture of Washington D.C." there is a brief discussion and some pictures of a brass obelisk that is set beneath the ground near the Washington Monument. It had a cover kind of like a sewer manhole. The top of the obelisk is flat and appears exactly as the top of the pier stone replica. Is this perhaps the original Jefferson Pier Stone?

This is the only place I have seen pictures or any reference to this object. In the movie they just refer to it as an unknown artifact.

Return to “Knights Templar / Ark of the Covenant / Holy Grail”