Sumerian Primary Sources?

Talk about movies, music, artists, bands you like, share stories of burnt popcorn!

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Sumerian Primary Sources?

Postby JessieD » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:14 am

Can anyone recommend some good Sumerian Primary Sources? Or, even secondary sources? I have a few books, but I'm looking for more. I'll list what primary and secondary sources are, in case someone is unaware.

Primary Source - Material produced by a person or a group directly involved with event or topic either as participants or witnesses. Examples: Birth certificate, hi res photos of Egyptian Hieroglyphics at Giza, official documents, letters from person of interest, autobiographies, etc.

Secondary Source - Books and articles in scholarly journals that comment and interpret primary sources. Examples: Biographies, a documentary, propaganda (though this could also be primary), papers in journals, modern books written about older topics...
Brought to you by Soylent red and Soylent yellow, high energy vegetable concentrates, and new, delicious, Soylent green. The miracle food of high-energy plankton gathered from the oceans of the world.

http://findingcountstgermain.blogspot.com/
JessieD
Garuna's Passenger

Return to Entertainment Board