Parallel universe vs. other dimensions...

Discuss any topics that have nothing to do with the mysterious. What's on your mind?

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Parallel universe vs. other dimensions...

Postby Cammi2012 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:05 am

Whats the difference between a parallel universe and another dimension? Explain :)
Cammi2012

Re: Parallel universe vs. other dimensions...

Postby Tootsie » Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 am

Just my opinion, but I think dimensions are areas (for lack of a better word) of this universe that operate at lower or higher frequencies in which entities/races of higher or lower vibrations live. I think parallel universes is quite another thing; it boggles my mind. I've always thought though that Hugh Everett's "Many Worlds" theory comes closest to explaining it. I really wish I understood these things better.
Tootsie

Postby Moon » Thu May 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Cammi2012 wrote:Whats the difference between a parallel universe and another dimension? Explain :)

Parallel Universes are like the term says Parallel to ours. They follow the same types of physics rules as ours does for the most part. This is where the ideas of parallel Earths and other stuff comes from.

Other Dimensions could mean two things: One is the Parallel Universe and the other is multidimensions that are higher than ours (fourth, fifth sixth etc).

Of course these are my opinions and ideas as there are string theories and other ideas which are different versions of the same basic idea.

Is it possible to traverse between the dimensions and alternate universes? I think so and that could explain some of the UFO and abduction cases out there.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Melseetruth » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:02 am

To think that I exist in a parellel universe boogles my little mind. I saw a show last year, can't remember the name of it, that proposes that 1 soul can be in many different people at the same time, and those people can be scattered around the world. The example they gave was of a little boy who knew all about the life of a grown man from the opposite side of the globe; knew all about his childhood, etc. I will have to see if I can find that.

Has anyone ever had experiences where apparently there was a doppleganger of you? I had that experience when I was younger: people would tell me that "I just saw you" or "I just talked to you", and when I told them we had never met, was informed that they talked to someone who looked exactly like me.
Melseetruth

Postby Buzi-Blu » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:42 am

As I understand it, dimensions are like sets of coordinates using axes that are (usually) at right-angles to each other. For the world we are familiar with we can define a point by 3 dimensions of space (up/down, left/right, backward/forward) and one dimension of time.

It helps to think of simpler examples such as Flatland where everyone lives on a perfectly flat plane. For them up/down is unimaginable but we can picture it clearly. If their plane is curved they will again struggle to comprehend it.

A parallel universe would be the equivalent of another sheet, perhaps an almost identical copy. In a sense these parallel worlds exist in an extra dimension but could be anywhere. Quantum mechanics has led to the idea that the universe might branch off continuously into an infinite number of universes, but is a view I disagree with.

Dimensions can also by thought of as collapsed so as to be almost invisible. Imagine the Flatland rolled up so tight that it becomes a very narrow straw, in which case it is almost like a one dimensional line unless it is viewed on the scale of the width of the straw. This could be something that exists in the real world and the only way to tackle such ideas is through mathematics.

It can seem like science fiction but there is no reason why extra dimensions might not exist, and indeed might be fundamental into explaining how the world works. But another dimension does not mean another world as is commonly depicted but rather another direction at right-angles to all of the other dimensions.
Buzi-Blu

Postby Bob137 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Another possibility of other dimensions is that one dimension is so large, that our dimension could fit inside one of one of the peoples cells within that dimension, so we would not even know it existed, but that cells life span in our time line is multiple billions of years, and only one day in it's dimension! So many possibilities. Another possibility of time/space dimensional differences, is that in one, their timeline goes so fast that the whole life of the universe is done in thousands of years, in another it is done in quatrillions of years, and in ours billions of years, so the ones in the quatrillioons of years, could watch us fly by in a few years, and we could watch the ones fly by in thousands of years in a few years. Just thinking about it can make ones head spin.
Bob137

Postby mags » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Anyone read the Seth material? That is some interesting stuff.
mags

David Icke/Michio Kaku

Postby Inquiring Mind » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Love this video for it's easy to understand approach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWWQKU_-G0
Inquiring Mind

Postby Moon » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:06 pm

An interesting article here on time not ending in the multiverse:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... verse.html
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Bob137 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:17 pm

I'll bet heads max. That is a good article, it helps me in my own theory of a multi-verse, and that each one can be slightly different, to each other, tow here some are so different, they do not even seem like anything of our universe! It also means the theory of parallel universe is a given within these, that there could be multiple universes of difference in time, of us living just a little different than we do no, (such as was the show on SciFi, (Sliders where three people would go through a vortex to another earth, and that each one, the characters had just chose a different path for each of there lives)!
Bob137

Postby Moon » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Now I am going to get a little trippy here:

The alternative universes (mutliverses) could be reincarnations of each and every one of us. They represent many different paths we take in our lives. One different choice in life can mean a completely different path we take in that universe.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Bob137 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:08 pm

I also like to think that there could be at least one where it is a complete cartoon universe! Ha! Ha! :lol:
Bob137

Postby Serene » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Perhaps there is no such thing as "time". Perhaps it's all just perception. The lifespan of a mayfly is anywhere from 30 minutes to a day. How long do you think that feels for the fly? Then again - a fly most likely does not HAVE perception of time, oh well.....never mind. :roll: :lol: :wink:
Serene

Return to General Discussion