End of the world postponed!

2012 is coming - and fast!!! Got any ideas, thoughts and/or opinions about 2012? Share them here on the all things 2012 speculation board!

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

End of the world postponed!

Postby Theory » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:50 am

What do you think? I think it will put some people out of business. lol On a serious note..I still think something is going to happen either this year or in the next couple of years.

http://www.livescience.com/culture/maya ... 01018.html
Theory

Postby Gemini » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 am

Well, we still have the solar flares issues......and our crazy governments and crazy religious governments with launch buttons....
Gemini

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Gemini wrote:Well, we still have the solar flares issues......and our crazy governments and crazy religious governments with launch buttons....
And a whole boatload of other things to worry about! of course almost all of them fall under the Crazy Governments catagory.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
Ace Rimmer
Ancient Astronaut

We is not dead yet!!

Postby Nanfran » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/mayan- ... d=11926347

Even in school our history teacher would tell us the calendar as we know it MAY be off by about 4 years...so like they say, live each day like it's the day before December 21, 2012!!
Nanfran

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:47 am

I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray

But when I woke up this mornin'
Coulda sworn it was judgment day

The sky was all purple
There were people runnin' everywhere

Tryin' to run from the destruction
You know I didn't even care

'Cuz they say December twenty first two thousand twelve party over
Oops out of time
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's December 20th.

Where's Prince when ya need him!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
Ace Rimmer
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Theory » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:33 am

Last year after a fast moving and strong thunderstorm went through, I stepped outside and it felt so strange. The sky was an odd color, there was absolutly no sound..no birds chirpping no car sounds nothing, and the air was still. It only lasted for a few seconds but it seemed to have lasted longer. I stopped in my tracks and held my breath and thought this...this is what it will be like afterwards(after what ever is going to happen), it will be quiet and still. Still to this day thinking about it gives me the chills.
Theory

Postby cesarnc » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Gemini wrote:Well, we still have the solar flares issues......and our crazy governments and crazy religious governments with launch buttons....

That's what we should be concerned about, more often.
cesarnc

Postby Nanfran » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:26 pm

cesarnc wrote:

That's what we should be concerned about, more often.

I'll third that one...come to think of it - a nuclear holocaust or a major war that is born in the middle east will give rise to the end of the world, according to Nostradamus and others...I just wonder if we'll get some "outside" help when this all goes down...

Here's hoping!

~ Nancy
Nanfran

Postby Don Morace » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:38 am

Hi Folks,Don here.It will not be the end of the world,mother earth will still be here long after homosapiens disappears from the earth.Civilization as we know it will be destroyed,hopefully it takes all the politicians with it.Don out............................ :lol:
Don Morace

Postby Fetapro » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Nanfran speculated about a nuclear war in the Mid East. This is an all too real possibility Israel has the weapons, Iran now has them. (I think that the Russians have given Iran a limited number of operational warheads to place in the Iranian missiles). If action is not taken to stop Iran then they will be able to make the material for their own warheads. Israel has an op plan to bomb the Iranian facilities, other Arab countries are helping. (Jordan, Saudi Arabia and some of the UAE). A shooting match of even limited scope could result in a major problem for the countries that depend on the oil shipments, not the mention the countries that suffer the detonation of the warheads.
In view of this I question why the national government of America is not taking stronger actions to free the country from the need to receive Mid East Oil. The National Geographic Magazine had a nice article that stated that America could generate all of its electrical needs with solar power by using .01% of the nations land. (Ok I know about the possible solar flares in 2012) How ever the solar flare issue is probably the lesser of two evils in this matter.
Transportation uses about 60% of the total oil related products each day in the US. It would seem to make sense to press forward with electric cars. And generate as much electricity as possible from wind, solar, tidal, and other sources. Then use the electricity in the transportation field to the greatest extent possible. Any reduction of the use of oil will help.
The end result would reduce the hazard of economic meltdown if a nuclear war happened in the Mid East.
It would also change the driving forces of America's foreign policy. America has spent untold of billions in Iraq. Changes in policy could allow future money to be spent at home to help Americans.
Will mankind get outside help if a war does break out in the Mid East? Yes, the extent of help will depend on which war is being fought.
A possible positive note in the news this week. The Iranian parliament appears to be trying to limit the power of the Iranian president. There appears to be a movement among many of the Iranian people to try and preserve the peace (such as it is). Only time will tell if they succeed.
Fetapro

Postby lunarwing » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Here's a tidbit....

The prophesies point to a particular treaty.... one that has never happened since it was writen over a thousand years ago. The prophesy tells of a treaty or union between the nations of Russia, China, and Iran.

These three countries have recently signed a treaty with each other.
lunarwing

Postby Fetapro » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Interesting: question was the treaty predicted about 1000 AD? Who predicted it? Do you have info about the scope of the treaty?
Fetapro

Postby lunarwing » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Fetapro wrote:Interesting: question was the treaty predicted about 1000 AD? Who predicted it? Do you have info about the scope of the treaty?

I believe I read it either in Daniel or Revelation. I'll see if I can dig it back up....
lunarwing

Return to The All Things 2012 Speculation Board