1. How would you create a better sense of Nationalism?
I would have the USA host the next World's Fair, heavily promote it, have contests open in a variety of categories for anyone to enter (as long as they have everything in order), and it would also coincide with the unveiling of a new nationwide transportation system.
I would also have a government funded television drama that really gets to the roots of "what is American?" It would also promote the working man, the intellect, traveling the country, and working to better one's self. It would not be a military-based show because I find that boring. Yes, this is propaganda, but I don't really care. It would definitely be better than half the crap on tv.2. What would your TOP 5 issues be? (Please go into some depth and explain your answers)
- Welfare System Reform - I have a journal filled up with ideas on political issues and this one is a big one. In a nutshell, I would make everyone on welfare take urine tests, encourage people on welfare to get education and find better jobs, and I would give people on welfare a time limit of 5 consecutive years that they are allowed to be on welfare with at least 2 consecutive years before they are able to apply for any other welfare.
- Prison System Reform - Minimum to Medium level prisons will have group therapy and full workdays for prisoners. Television will be limited to news, weather, an educational channel, and a weekly movie. These prisons will function a lot like Alcatraz. High and Maximum will not have therapy unless ordained by a judge. Work will be longer and more labor intensive. I don't believe in SuperMax prisons. Kill the bastards, lets save some money and just get on with things.
- New National Transportation System - Trans-Continental Monorail. This would be a super fast, minimal stop monorail system that gets put in place. The idea is to make it just as quick, if not quicker, to travel by monorail than airplane. This could be done by stopping only in a few cities across the nation that would become monorail hubs. These hubs would allow people to change to other lines that would take them to other parts of the nation (so I'm not leaving people out, but the main express line would go in first). This would coincide with a World's Fair and promotions to explore America.
- Immigration Issues - Declare the national language as English, promote legal immigration, and change some laws. It bothers me that people come to America, have a kid, and get an instant American card. That's BS. If someone from another country comes to the US and has a kid then the parents have the option of choosing if the kid will become American or retain the citizenship of the parents. If the kid is declared an American, then they get taken by social services. If the parents have the child retain the same citizenship as themselves, then they have to go back to where they came from.
- Raising Educational Standards - I'm still fine tuning my ideas for this. I was always bored in school because it was not challenging. I would want to make it fun and more challenging. If a kid is not getting it, let them repeat the class or get some tutoring. It's not fair to the other kids to have to be held back in their learning because one kid isn't getting it. I'm also all about learning in new ways and learning how to apply your knowledge to everyday life. It would also be nice to have some awesome gym classes (like taebo or dancing or p90x) and perhaps a class on nutrition (so people don't end up like that McNugget girl).3. Who would you credit as your inspirational sources? (Lets limit this to 3 people)
Napoleon Bonaparte4. What party would you subject yourself to being a part of?
I'd have to create my own. I'm too much of a centrist to belong to the regular parties. I was thinking about this not too long ago and thought it would be fun to revitalize the Bull Moose Party (Progressives) just so when there are rallys we can make the face (below) that John Cleese is making while making moose sounds.5. All presidents seem to do something crazy/stupid/unethical/mind-blowing. What would your "thing" be?
I'd probably drop some F-bombs on national tv, tell some d*ckhead to go F--- himself for being a dumbass, and I'm sure someone would catch me dancing around the Whitehouse in my underwear or something. I tend to play by the rules and make others do the same. I'm also a natural team leader.