Hollow Earth?

What is the mystique behind Forbidden Archaeology? Here's your forum to discuss anything that "officially" should not exist - but does!

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Hollow Earth?

Postby lunarwing » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:02 pm

I haven't found any discussion about the hollow earth. It is one of the oldest of the strange topics.

My first exposure to the story was when my father, whom I inheirited all my weirdness and curiousity from, brought home the now famous The Hollow Earth book back in the sixties.

I since have many times found where it is mentioned in the ancient myths and legends of many cultures.

Another topic I don't see is The Giants. They also are very prominent in history, myths and legends.
lunarwing

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Yeah oh Giants, I posted a link to a Giants site on here someplace, I'll have to find it. Yes there were loads of giants in the past.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
Ace Rimmer
Ancient Astronaut

Postby lunarwing » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:33 pm

I've seen those internet pictures supposedly showing these massive 20 foot tall skeletons. I don't trust things like that.... too many fools out there photo shopping things. It dilutes the path we that quest for the truth walk on.

My favorite giant story is the one that I read about many years ago. It was about these ranchers looking for bat dung they used for fertilizer. In a cave they found some very large skeletons... 7 to 9 feet or so.... some with horn like growths on the skulls.

Thing is, by itself, this story won't wash far. But there was writings available by a daughter of a Indian chief whose tribe lived in that area and had dealings with these giants.

Her story said that these giants were trouble for the tribe and the Indians set fire to the cave and killed the giants. She said they had red hair.

The ranchers had found artifacts in the cave as well, and they notified the nearest scientists... who came and collected up all the bones and artifacts.

Of course, as with anything that does not fit into the main stream scientific theory.... the bones and artifacts "disappeared" at the hands of these so called intellectuals.
lunarwing

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:52 am

This is a really excellent website, make sure to check out all the links on the side. A person can spend all day and then some reading there.

http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/index2.html

Wonder if those giants had red hair all over. Could have been Sasquatches.
Ace Rimmer
Ancient Astronaut

Postby lunarwing » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:45 am

I am aware of Quayle's spot... in fact I sent him a bunch of stuff on giants. :wink:
lunarwing

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:03 am

Oh hey cool is that then. I love that website, lots of interesting stuff!

Love your new quote, I think that is so true. Collective amnesia for sure.
Ace Rimmer
Ancient Astronaut

Postby lunarwing » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks.... I hold a very high regard for Graham. His discoveries and theories have tickled my brain for years. It's guys like him, Eric, and Giorgio why we have the data we can work with.
lunarwing

Postby Fetapro » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:51 pm

I read a book about the hollow earth in the 1970's. The author made a good case for his position. I have not been able to confirm (or deny) his claims. Satellite technology has improved greatly since then, and Google does not show any hollow earth features. I am not sure if "governments" will allow the info to be shown or if the earth is not hollow. Their may be other explanations for what Admiral Byrd saw at the south pole. At this time I can't draw a conclusion about this question.
The question of giants. Check out this link http://www.s8int.com/ They have an interesting section about giants. I was struck by the reports from Captain Cook, Ferdinand Magellan and Amerigo Vespucci. I think it was Cooks who reports that Cook and some of his crew went ashore and talked with the giants at their village. One of the women was so tall that Cook could stand under her out stretched arm. Cook was over six feet tall. The women were about nine feet tall, the men were supposed to be over ten feet tall. These giants were living at the extreme end of South America. The account stated that Cook spoke with the giants. What language did both parties speak? I assume that the giants died out because of contact with the Europeans, possibly small pox killed the giants.
Closer to home, in our local area fifty years ago a skeleton was on display of a "ten foot Indian". It could have been the skeleton of a "giant" and no one realized the magnitude of what they had. I don't know what became of it.
Another legend caught my attention. On the Rhone River in Europe a story exists that a giant lived in a castle and forced all the river traffic to pay him taxes until a Roman Centurion killed the giant. (Giants living in Europe about 400 AD?) The Biblical text speaks of giants in the days of King David. He killed one giant, but this giant had other brothers. The web site shows a man in the country of Turkey with a large bone (a femur I think) The man stated that it was the bone of a man who stood about fifteen feet tall.
Read the info on the web site, I think you will enjoy it.
My theory is that the giants died out because of warfare, disease and possibly a low reproduction rate when compared with humans. I do not have a good theory about where they came from. More data is needed to reach a final conclusion.
Fetapro

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:57 am

I love the OOPARTS website, even though it is from a religious perspective, it fits right into our line of thinking, the AAT.
Ace Rimmer
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Orfeas » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:08 pm

http://www.luisprada.com/Protected/inside_our_earth.htm

THE BEST MODERN CHRONICLE

The best modern chronicled explorations and penetrations of lands beyond the magnetic poles were made by Real Admiral Richard E. Byrd of the US Navy in 1947 and 1956. As with all previous explorations Admiral Byrd's were equally shrouded in mystery. In radio contacts during his 1947 flight past magnetic north and over the North Pole - the long sort after mythical point of land at the top of the world. During the 1956 exploration of Antarctica on January 13th, various radio announcements stated, "on January 13th members of the United States expedition accomplished a flight of 2700 miles (4320 km's) from the base of Mcmurdo Sound, which is 400 miles (640 km's) west of the south pole, and penetrated a land extant of 2300 miles (3680 km's ) beyond the pole."

On March 13th 1956 Byrd is quoted as saying "the present expedition opened up a vast new land." Many people still remember the exciting press announcements following Byrd's expeditions. Heralded as the world's greatest explorer, Byrd's mention of new lands created great interest.

Then as quickly as they hit the air, such announcements vanished. Radio commentators no longer talked of his discovery news reels no longer displayed footage of Byrd's expeditions, and the matter soon vanished from the public eye. why has this happened? Did Byrd truly discover a new land - a land that could in fact match a logical, if different, physical understanding of our planet's creation?

This rendition of Admiral Byrd's flight log and diary was transcribed from an audio tape. This copy of the log was obtained from the 'Hollow Earth Society' in Australia. It is believed to be authentic. Without the original log in hand, the reader will have to decide for himself the authenticity of the material.

EXTRACTS FROM ADMIRAL RICHARD E. BYRD'S DIARY

"I must write this diary in secrecy and obscurity. It concerns my Arctic fight on the 19th day of February in the year of 1947. There comes a time when the rationality of men must fade into insignificance and one must accept the unavailability of the truth. I am not at liberty to disclose the following documentation at this writing. Perhaps it shall never see the light of public scrutiny but I must do my duty here for all to read one day. Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth.

"Flight Log - Camp Arctic February 19th 1947. "Vast ice and snow below. Note coloration of a yellowish nature. It is dispersed in a linear pattern. Altering course for a better examination of this color pattern below. A reddish-purple color also. Circle this area two full turns and return to a sine compass heading. Position check made again with base camp. Relay information concerning coloration in ice and snow below. Both magnetic and gyro compasses beginning to gyrate and wobble. We are unable to hold our heading by instrumentation. Take bearing with sun compass but all seems well. The controls are seemingly slow to respond, have a sluggish quality. Yet there no indication of icing.

"In the distance is what appears to be mountains. Twenty nine minutes of elapsed flight time and first sighting of mountains it is no illusion. They are mountains consisting of a small range i have never seen before. Altitude change to 2950 feet. Encountering strong turbulence again. We are crossing over the small mountain range still proceeding northward as best as can be ascertained. Beyond the mountain range is what appears to be a small river. A valley with a small river running through the central portion. There should be no green valley below. Something is definitely wrong and abnormal here. We should be over ice and snow. From the port side there are great forests growing on the mountain side. The instruments are still spinning. The gyroscope is oscillating back and forth.

"I alter the altitude to 1400 feet and execute a sharp left turn to better examine the valley below. It is green with either moss or a type tight knit grass. The light here seems different. I cannot see the sun anymore. We make another left turn and spot what seems to be a large animal of some kind below. Appears to be an elephant, no it looks more like a mammoth-like animal. This is incredible, yet there it is. Decrease altitude to 1000 feet and take binoculars to better examine the animal. It is confirmed - definitely a mammoth-like animal. Report this to base camp.

"Encountering more rolling green hills. The external temperature indicator reads 74 degrees Fahrenheit. Continuing on our heading now. Navigation instruments seem normal now. I am puzzled over their actions. Attempt to contact base camp. Radio is not functioning.

"The county side is more level than normal, if I may say that word. Ahead we spot what Seems to be a city, this is impossible!

"Aircraft seems light and oddly buoyant. The controls refuse to respond. My God, off our port and starboard wing are strange type of aircraft, they are closing rapidly alongside! They are disk shaped and have a radiant quality about them. They are close enough now I ran see the markings on them.

"It is a type of swastika. This is fantastic! Where are we? What has happened? I tugged at the controls again. They will not respond. We are caught in an invisible vice grip of some type. Our radio crackles and what comes through is a voice in English with a type of slight Nordic or Germanic accent. The message is: "Welcome Admiral to our domain. We shall land you in exactly seven minutes. Relax Admiral, you are in good hands.

"I note the engines of our craft have stopped running. The aircraft is under some strange control and is now turning. We begin the landing process now, and the plane shudders slightly as though caught in some unseen elevator. The downward motion is negligible and we touch down with only a slight jolt. I am making a hasty last entry in the flight log. Several men are approaching our aircraft. They are tall with blond hair. In the distance is a huge shimmering city pulsating with rainbow hues of color. I do not know what is going to happen now, but I do not see any sign of weapons on those approaching us. I can hear a voice ordering me by name (with a German accent) to open the cargo door. I comply." End of log.

From this point, Admiral Byrd continued by memory as he never logged the rest of his experience -and when one reads his complete version, it becomes very clear why. The overall gist of his notes explained the following points:

1. Byrd and his radioman were taken from the aircraft towards the glowing city which appeared to be made of crystal.

2. Upon arrival, the two are separated and Byrd is taken to have an audience with the 'Master' who informed him that he had entered the 'Underworld' and to have no fear - for later we will return to the surface.

3. The 'Master' who talked with Byrd stated: "Our interest rightly begins here just after you first exploded the first atomic bombs over Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan. It was at that alarming time that we sent our flugelrads, (German for flying machines) to the surface to investigate what your race had done.... " He continued on about 1945 and afterward, they had tried to contact the Americans, but had been met with hostilities. Each time they tried the Americans would shoot and attack their flugelrads.

4. The 'Master' explained that "we are doomed should we continue with our atomic insanity....and that there are no answers in our arms, there will be no safety in our science and that when th big war breaks out, it may rage on until every flower of our culture is trampled and all human things leveled until a vast chaos existed."

5. After this cataclysmic discussion Byrd was bidden a courteous farewell (Aufwiedersehen) by the 'Master' and returned to his aircraft along with his radioman and they were allowed to leave the 'Underworld' with this warning for the surface dwellers - us!

MARCH 11,1947. Upon Byrd's return he attended the usual debriefing and passed on the following as logged in his diaries:- "I have just attended a staff meeting at the Pentagon. I have stated fully my discovery and my message from the Master. All is duly recorded. The President has been advised. I am now detained for several hours. Six hours 39 minutes to be exact. I am interviewed intensely by hostile forces and a medical team. It was an ordeal. I am placed under strict control of the international security provisions of the United States of America. I am ordered to remain silent in regard to all that I have learned on the behalf of humanity. Incredible! I am reminded that I am a military man and that I must obey orders."

DECEMBER 24, 1956 -FINAL ENTRY "These last few years since 1947 have not been so kind. I now make my final entry in this singular diary. In closing I must state that I have faithfully kept this matter secret as directed all these years. It has been completely against my values and moral rights, Now I seem to sense a long night coming on, and this secret will not die with me, but as truth shall, it shall triumph, and so it shall. It is the only hope for all mankind. I have seen and it has quickened my spirit and has set me free. I have done my duty towards a monstrous military industrial complex. Now the long night of the Arctic ends, the brilliant sunshine of truth shall come again, and those who are of darkness shall fail in flight. For I have seen that land beyond the poles, the centre of the great unknown. " Admiral Richard E. Byrd. United States Navy.

LEGENDS AND THE CASE FOR A HOLLOW EARTH

Author Brinsley Le Poer Trench, of the astounding and awe inspiring book 'Secret of the Ages - UFOs from inside the Earth' puts forth the idea that Man who according to the Biblical book of 'Genesis' came from within the ground and not just dust as is taught by mainstream religions. In earlier books Le Poer Trench postulated that a number of the 'Elchim' (gods) had indulged in a breeding experiment. This went wrong and they were expelled, along with the race of Adam. These were the 'fallen angels', 'giants', 'Anunnaki' - the Nephilim of the Bible.

William F. Warren, in a scholarly work 'Paradise Found, or The Cradle of the Human Race al the North Pole', quotes from a translation by A-M- Sayce taken from a book called 'Records of the Past':- "We are told of a dwelling which 'the gods created for' the first human beings - a dwelling in which 'they became great', and 'increased in numbers', and the location of which is described in words exactly corresponding to those of Iranian, Indian, Chinese, Eddaic and Aztecan literature; namely, 'in the centre of the Earth".

Some of the names of the Underworld are 'Shamballah', 'Agartha' and 'Eden' and the Scandinavian called the area beyond the pole 'Ultima Thule', often confused with Greenland. According to legend and Atlantian teachings, 'Ultima Thule' - the land beyond the pole was the region where the 'Brotherhood of the Serpent', the 'Illuminati' and 'Thule' teachings originate! '

The Brotherhood of the Serpent', later divided into two:-'Brotherhood of the Yellow Dragon' & 'Brotherhood of the Red Dragon', (combined are known as the 'Brotherhood of the Snake'). William F. Warren, places the entrance to this 'Paradise' firmly and squarely in the North Polar area. There are many biblical references to this area, a pertinent one is from the book of Job 26: 7-10: "He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the Earth upon nothing. He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them. He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it. He hath encompassed the waters with bounds until the day and night come to an end."

An American who has done considerable research into the Hollow Earth theory is Raymond A. Palmer, an author, who commented upon these verses from Job: "viewed from space, the Earth would be spherical, and the hale would not in any way change the regularity of the sphere. We can easily understand this when Job makes his reiterated mentions of the clouds that cover the hole (polar explorers curse the eternal fog). Particularly in 'he holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it'." The Bible, as well as many ancient texts and manuscripts, make reference to the 'Underworld' below as a real and genuine dwelling place. I am of the opinion, that religions have failed regarding their teaching of a 'Hell' below - because a deep scrutiny of the texts tells more of a 'paradise' rather than a burning abyss.

HAS THE NORTH POLE BEEN REACHED?

An essential part of the case for a Hollow Earth is that there is no North Pole. No single point, but instead a big area which is a warm sea dipping gradually into the interior of the Earth. This may sound pretty outrageous but lets look at some of the evidence which leans toward this concept. The first point I'd like to make clear is, compasses go completely haywire in the Arctic Circle.

The very humble and renown Norwegian explorer, Dr. Fridtjof Nansen, on his expedition to try and reach the North Pole in 1895, lost his bearings and freely admitted that he had not the slightest idea where he was for a very long time. FEBRUARY, 1895 After landing from the vessel Fram, Nansen set off northward with a sledge loaded with supplies toward the pole and later return via Spitzbergen by the way of Franz Joseph Land. From the 29th of March, 1895, until the spring of 1896, Nansen was completely lost! He noted that after he journeyed through the colder regions that the weather tumed to a much warmer climate. In fact, whenever the wind blew down from the north the temperature begun to rise. At one time the sun became unbearably hot! Nansen took soundings and found that the water in the polar regions is far deeper than was thought, discovering that the water was warmer the deeper the sounding. Where does this warm water emanate from?

He came across animals that according to accepted science, should not even be up there. On 26 April, 1895, Nansen wrote: "I was not a little surprised yesterday morning when I suddenly saw a track of an animal in the snow. It was that of a fox, about W.S.W true, and went in an easterly direction. The trail was quite fresh. What in the world was the fox doing up here? There were also unequivocal signs that it had not been without food. Were we in the vicinity of land? I looked around for it, but the weather was thick all day yesterday, and we might have been near it without seeing it. In any case a warm-blooded mammal in the eighty-fifth parallel. We had not gone far before we came across another fox track, it went in about the same direction as the other, and followed the trend of the lane which had stopped us and by which we had been obliged to camp. It is incomprehensible what these animals live on up here, but presumably they are able to snap up some crustaceans in the open waterways. But why do they leave the coast? That is what puzzles me most. Can they have gone astray? There seems little probability of that." SKRAELING

Another source of information is Marshall B. Gardner, who wrote the work 'A Journey To The Earth's Interior'. Within these pages he quotes Dr. Nansen concerning the Eskimo and experiences. Nansen states:- "That the Eskimo came from the interior of the Earth, that is to say, from a location which they could not easily explain to the Norwegians who might have asked them where they originated from, is shown by the fact that the early Norwegians regarded them as supernatural people, a species of fairy." Gardner went on to quote from the second volume of Nansen's work 'In Northern Mists';- "I have already stated that the Norse name 'Skraeling' for Eskimo must have originally been used as a designation of fairies or mythical creatures. Furthermore, there is much that would imply that when the Icelanders first met with the Eskimo in Greenland they looked upon them as fairies; they, therefore called them 'trolls', an ancient common name for various sorts of supernatural beings..."

UFOS, GRAVITY & THE SECRET GEODETIC SURVEYS

One of my favorite examples for the case of a Hollow Earth, are the Geodetic Surveys which were carried out earlier this century by the French and American governments. Both governments decided to keep these test results classified 'Top Secret'. The reason being as you'll read on is the following; if they be accurate, we can throw out the window all of our understandings of gravity, moon landings, UFOS and aliens coming from outer space and the bending of space time theory which abounds within the UFO circles.

I'm of the understanding after nearly a decade of UFO research and interviewing hundreds of eye-witnesses and my contacts within various positions of the establishment is that; we can have only one truth! This truth may be made up of various parts of other 'accepted truths'; but still in the end one truth prevails. The following could be the crux of the truth and prove that not only is mainstream thought about gravity wrong, but even on the other side of the coin; the LEO believers who only promote an extraterrestrial origin, will have to rethink their position.

I think that there is at least a third option, the possibility of UFOS from within our Earth. If you have ever watched a builder at work, you've seen him use a plumb bob to determine the perpendicular, so that his wall will be erect and straight. A plumb bob is simply a weight suspended on the end of a cord. It acts on the principle of the attraction of gravity or mass, and the weight always points toward the center of gravity, which in the case of the spherical Earth; is its exact center. However, the plumb bob is not only used to erect buildings, but the principle is used to measure the distance of the sun or any planet.

Sometime prior to 1901, the French government, wished to determine more accurately the actual size of the Earth, so that they could revise and refine their calculations regarding the distance apart at the top of two lines perpendicular to the surface of the Earth and the bottom of those same two lines. They wanted a pair of lines long enough to give them an appreciable measurement. Obviously they could not erect two parallel poles a mile high, but they could suspend two plumb bobs down a mine shaft a mile deep; and then measure the distance between at the top and bottom. They did just that. Thinking that the distance at the bottom would be much less, as we believe that the center of gravity is at the center of the Earth; ah...but how much less would it be?

The Geodetic Surveys were carried out at the Tamarack mines, near Calumet, Michigan. The mine shafts were selected, and the plumb lines exactly 4250 feet long were suspended in each mine. At the end of each of these lines were suspended a sixty pound bob. It was reasoned that the lines were to be made out of No 24 piano wire, so as magnetic forces could not effect them. For twenty four hours the lines were allowed to hang, so that there would be no possibility of movement from putting them in place still remaining in the lines. The measurements begun. It was then discovered that the French Geodetic engineers had NOT made a mistake. Careful re-checking proved that the lines, contrary to expectations, were further apart at the bottom than at the top! Ref: diagram 2.

There can be only one implication from such a strange result - the center of gravity is not, as previously believed, at the center of the Earth, but in fact must be above the surface of the Earth. Further tests were carried out where the mine shafts were sealed to prevent air currents coming in and disturbing the bobs, as well as tests done in two mines shafts with a tunnel link between them. All the results from the French and the Americans remained conclusive. At one mile deep, there remained an 8.22 inch difference between the bobs at the bottom. The bobs at the bottom were wider apart, not closer together! It did not take the Tamarack engineers long to discover that this figure exactly represents the divergence that would be necessary to complete a 360ø spherical circumference.

There was only one difficulty - as expressed by the plumb lines, it would be the circumference of the inside of a sphere, and not the outside! Further, the center of gravity, as expressed by the angles formed by the plumb lines, would be approximately 4,000 miles (6400 km's) (Van Allen Radiation Belts? http://concise.britannica.com/ebc/article?eu=407053 ) out in space. Obviously this could not be quite correct, because, if the Chinese were to make calculations based on a similar pair of mine shafts, in their country on the opposite side of the globe, the center of gravity would be found to be 4,000 miles in the other direction. The center of gravity, according to the plumb lines, was a sphere's surface, some 16,000 miles (25,600 km's) in diameter. Any place, 4,000 miles up, was the center of gravity.

Can we blame the Tamarack engineer for going down in his mine and maintaining a grim silence from that moment on? The Earth is a sphere (with certain very minor irregularities). We live on the outside of it. The Moon circles the Earth and the Earth circles the Sun. Some force holds them all in orbit and in their relationships to each other. It is said the Moon's orbit is maintained because the attraction of mass of both bodies is exactly counterbalanced by centrifugal force. The Earth system is maintained in its orbit about the Sun by the same delicate balance. Could it be that there is no such thing as 'attraction of mass'? Could it be that our Earth is really some other form than is accepted, even hollow perhaps?
Orfeas

Postby lunarwing » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Here's a thought I have had for quite some time.... considering I read most everything on the hollow earth subject in the past 40 some years.... I had a lot of time to speculate.

A theory....

If you take a mudball, or even a hot rock ball, and hang it in a total vaccum... and spin it....

What will happen?

I belive the centrafugical forces of that action on the soft pliable ball would eventually create a hollow void in the center of the mass.

Clue...

Think about the early earth known as Pangea, when all the land masses were close together. Now who was around back then to take the measurement of the circumfrence of the planet? Was it the 25,000 miles it is today?
Or was it maybe 15,000?
Did the expansion of our mudball, as it eventually cooled rip the continental plates apart and we went from Pangea to what we now have under our feet today?
Did a void form in the "pit" of our planet in the process?

And a semi related question... because all this stuff we are trying to find answers for... is related by one or more degrees. Another piece of the larger picture.

Is this the "pit" in stories of old that God placed the evil one into after their Star Wars like battle between the good and bad angels?

Then there's another thought...

What if it is not a physical opening, but a dimentional one. It being up there where all the magnetic forces are the strangest... and possibly the strongest.

Could it be a wormhole type of opening?

Something to think about....
lunarwing

Postby Stormcrow » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey thanks for the great research on Hollow Earth.

Has anyone tried to google that spot on the planet? Assuming that information is available in anywhere near the resolution that would tell us anything.

-Jeff
Forge of Creation - http://www.aliengods.jbsheets.com

The art of life is to go confidently, without
rushing, without faltering. To meet and
master the four natural challenges:
Fear, Clarity of Thought, Power, and the
Desire to Rest.
Stormcrow
Manna Machine Initiate

Postby Orfeas » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Jeff Sheets wrote:Hey thanks for the great research on Hollow Earth.

Has anyone tried to google that spot on the planet? Assuming that information is available in anywhere near the resolution that would tell us anything.

-Jeff

http://hollowplanet.blogspot.com/

Here are some images

Mercator's 1569 Map of the Arctic

Mercator's map of the arctic first appeared as a vignette in his 1569 world map. The Flemish geographer and cartographer Gerardus Mercator's methods of map-making were so accurate and reliable that they are still commonly used today (recall the Mercator projection) and have remained virtually unchanged for nearly 450 years! His maps of Europe and the known world were exceptionally accurate and were commonly used with a great degree of reliability for navigation and commerce.

Bear in mind that prior to the advent of GPS and satellite navigational aids, exploration was the sole method of acquiring the data necessary for accurately portraying geographical details on a map. So, when we view Mercator's representation of the Arctic as containing a large landmass, equally divided into for sections by massive rivers, it stands to reason that this data was acquired by means of thorough exploration. It also is apparent that, according to the perspective of the early explorers, they had no glaringly obvious indicators to conclude that the land mass they were then encountering actually lay at the interior of the earth. Instead they assumed, as did many at the time, that the massive island or continent was actually an "island at the top of the world."

Japanese AMSR-E Weather Satellite Reveals the North Polar Entrance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6SU_RpHF2o&feature=player_embedded

In this video from the AMSR-E Japanese weather satellite you can clearly see a mysterious looking oval in the upper-right corner, just north of Greenland. On more than one occasion you can clearly see something streaming from this oval and in the process clearly demarcating or outlining the edge of the opening. Again on another occasion the ocean around the oval is blue and the weather patterns or clouds within the opening indicating the boundaries of the northern passage.

Also this story

Olaf Jansen & The Smoky God

http://smokygod2.blogspot.com/

Olaf Jansen and his father were Norwegian fishermen in the 1800's who, according to their religious mythologies of Odin and Thor, believed in a land "beyond the North wind" that is populated by a race of giants and is ever green and lush. On one of their journeyings to Franz Joseph Land to gather some ivory, they decided, under the favorable weather conditions, to journey to this unseen land of their forefathers and view it once and for all with their own eyes.

The Smoky God catalogues their journey to this hidden land and their dealings with the giant race that inhabits it. It describes the language, culture and lifestyle of these beings that exist in the marvelous land of perpetual sunlight. Read the Smoky God and discover what remains to this day a great unseen mystery!
Orfeas

Hollow Earth

Postby Cammi2012 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:16 am

Ok- I was listening to Paranormal Radio podcast and Dr. Brooks Agnew was on talking about the Hollow Earth theory and, I hate to say it- it kinda made sense to me the way he was talking about it.. more from a scientific point of view..

Has anyone heard of him?

I think you can listen to the same podcast here www.jimharold.com/the-paranormal-podcas ... odcast-182
Cammi2012

Re: Hollow Earth

Postby Moon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:15 pm

The two websites are rather out there when it comes to the ideas.

I am one who does think there are many huge underground caverns that have yet to be explored. But the Earth itself is not and cannot be hollow. I wish the episode of Penn and Teller Bullsh!t! was available on this subject as it is very good and very funny.

Many here do think the Earth is hollow and will enjoy the interview.

More power to him and I hope he is able to test out his ideas.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Cammi2012 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:46 am

In my opinion, "hollow earth" was a really, really bad name because I think theyre not saying there is no molten core- just space within the crust. and i think thats why people dont believe or immediatly poo-poo- it away because, "DUH- there's the hot lava and such..the earth is not hollow!"
Cammi2012

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:02 am

We have another thread on here, perhaps several, I don't have time to look. Anyway about large caverns, huge caverns. I think the term hollow earth is extremely misleading. I certainly don't think it is hollow, but yes there are vast caverns that need to be explored.
Ace Rimmer
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Metaluna wrote:We have another thread on here, perhaps several, I don't have time to look. Anyway about large caverns, huge caverns. I think the term hollow earth is extremely misleading. I certainly don't think it is hollow, but yes there are vast caverns that need to be explored.

There are many other topics that approach this subject, but this is the first thread to deal with just the hollow earth theory. I searched everywhere as I thought there was a separate topic on this one too.

I do think there are a lot of caverns out there, but the Earth must have a core as it generates the magnetic waves that protect the planet from the Sun.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Cammi2012 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:00 pm

just the link (somewhere here) to that HUGE cave system in Asia (?) discovered last year(?) should be PROOF that between the layers there is space.

who coined the hollow earth name? cavernous earth may have been better...lol

holy earth?
swiss-cheesey earth?

ha.
Cammi2012

Postby Moon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Here is a link to that giant cavern discovery:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... e-vietnam/
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Re: Hollow Earth?

Postby Fetapro » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:50 pm

The pictures from the Japanese weather satellite, do we know what the latitude the event is located at?
On the story of the fishermen I had read this many years ago. Also there was another one where a fisherman and his son traveled north in the course of their work and finally ended up emerging somewhere in the southern hemisphere.
Fetapro

Postby Cammi2012 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:06 am

isnt it up in antartica above the 90th parallel?

and I am boycotting the word HOLLOW- CAVERNOUS INSTEAD!!! WHO's WITH ME?!?!?!??!
Cammi2012

Postby Moon » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Found the Hollow Earth post and merged this one. MM

Metaluna, you have a great memory and I really searched for this one. I need new glasses!
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Path of Least Resistance » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:25 pm

anyone read Lobsang Rampa's account of traveling through the cave system?

i can't remember what book or writing of his it is in but i know it is up on bibliotecapleyedas. i'm pretty sure it was written in the 40's or 50's.
Path of Least Resistance

Postby guamdre » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:53 pm

There are definitely caves and tunnels that humans haven't seen or explored beneath the Earth's surface. I personally think that the moon is hollow, based on this evidence and from reading Exterrestrial Archeology by David Hatcher Childress. There is just too much evidence to ignore.

http://www.redicecreations.com/specialr ... /moon.html
guamdre

Postby armedequation » Wed May 18, 2011 1:30 pm

i know this may sound way off topic but when i read the following:

3. The 'Master' who talked with Byrd stated: "Our interest rightly begins here just after you first exploded the first atomic bombs over Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan. It was at that alarming time that we sent our flugelrads, (German for flying machines) to the surface to investigate what your race had done.... " He continued on about 1945 and afterward, they had tried to contact the Americans, but had been met with hostilities. Each time they tried the Americans would shoot and attack their flugelrads

why does this make me think of the "battle for L.A." picture/scenerio?
armedequation

Return to Forbidden Archaeology / Alternative History