Aliens and the Undead (10/26/11)

Discuss anything related to the ANCIENT ALIENS program on the History Channel.

Moderators: siren13, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Re: Aliens and the Undead (10/26/11)

Postby Moon » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:28 pm

I also hope they find the horned skulls and test their DNA.

Luna, I will keep everyone posted as news develops from the DNA fronts of both the Starchild Skull and Elongated Skulls. So far Mr Pye is back into the game of getting some financial contacts to help pay for these tests. I think the idea is to make a documentary to air on History or another channel.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby OutsideBox » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:09 am

I was really impressed with the 1st season, but it now seems that is all , to use a previous quote-"all roads lead to hollywood" type of mentality. Where is the hard evidence and what is with the speculation evidence? It makes all of us look like fringe lunatics-I still believe!
OutsideBox

Postby Bob137 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:17 pm

This episode was not the greatest, but I still enjoyed a lot of it. Some was a bit far fetched, but some brought up more questions. In regards to proof, science is still saying there has to be proof, yet the physicists keep saying there is a God particle, yet they have found none, but they are not degraded due to lack of evidence, it is excepted that it takes time to gather all the information, and come up with the right combination/solutions/properties/or evidence prior to conclusion. In other words condemnation prior to investigation is worthless and very unprofessional. So to me the Ancient Alien theory is just as crazy as the Big Bang Theory, and the God particle, and the string theory, etc...
Bob137

Postby Sunrisepony » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:22 pm

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence." I don't remember where I read this, but I like the quote.
Sunrisepony

Postby Bob137 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:43 pm

It seems that there is evidence all around the world of all these undead and of all the so called Gods and megalithic buildings, and megalithic stone work, and fantastic granite carvings and work, and yet not one evidence of complete fact of tying it to the indigenous peoples of the times other than some sloppy hieroglyphs that were more than likely faked to an Egyptian Pharoah. The people of the era's put forth information of other wordly beings either giving them the technology and know how to do such things, or that they were constructed by these other wordly beings or their prodgeny, or their hybrids, or done by magic.
We decide which is right, an d which is an illusion, Moody Blues
Bob137

Postby Sunrisepony » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:48 pm

Well I'm apt to believe Giorgio, he says that the egyptian pyramids at least weren't built by the aliens, but were built by earth humans with the assistance of aliens. I think there is evidence out there, despite a lot of it being destroyed or hidden away. There is much of it out there, Nevin and Churchward I think is the other one? Phillip mentions a lot about them, Churchward at least, and between those two. Nevin and Churchward, they wrote a lot about The Motherland, and the spread from there. A lot of what they have found over the years has been verified by non-Western Orthodox Theorist, It's unfortunate the Libarary of Alexandria was destroyed but there are still others out there that weren't, and books from the pre-deinformation age, that talk about different things supporting alien intervention. The stone carvings found through out the world. The megalithic stone cities and such, specially like Puma Punku are undeniably proof of Alien Intervention. IMO at least. How else would they have got those stones so far up that mountain? It had to be Aliens.
Sunrisepony

Postby cRush » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:28 am

Sunrisepony wrote:"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence." I don't remember where I read this, but I like the quote.

This is an excellent quote!

Let's keep in mind that even though we may have no evidence that something does not exist, we also do not have evidence that it does exist. Bob137 hit the nail right on the head with his assessment of the correlation between the AAT, the God particle theory, the Big Bang theory, and string theory. They all have one thing in common - they are all theories. That means they haven't been accepted as fact by the scientific community, and shouldn't be for that matter. However, not all theories are equal. Some theories are basically 99% proven true, but there is just one aspect that is either non-testable with current technologies or non-observable due to other circumstances (have to wait for a specific star alignment for example). Thus, they remain as hypothetical conjecture, even though mathematical models, and other scientific data, point to them being 100% accurate. Still, the scientific community holds enough integrity not to write anything off as fact until it has satisfied 100% of the criteria.

Many scientific fields build on some of these theories that haven't been 100% satisfied, and that is a dangerous practice indeed. However, we must also realize that much of scientific facts and laws has been extensively proven to hold true again and again - these things we should not hold disbelief, though we should also still reserve the right to invalidate them should data become available suggesting they are, in fact, invalid.
cRush

Postby mahalla2 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:07 am

Thus, qualifying scientific data for the existence of aliens (in general) and the undead is?
mahalla2

Words of wisdom

Postby Inquiring Mind » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:26 am

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them" ~ Galileo

"Because it is sometimes so unbelievable, the truth often escapes being known" - Heraclitus
Inquiring Mind

Postby Moon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Sunrisepony wrote:"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence." I don't remember where I read this, but I like the quote.

Dr Carl Sagan is the author of that quote. It is interesting he went on to be a debunker of the subject.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby cRush » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:02 am

maxmercury wrote:

Dr Carl Sagan is the author of that quote. It is interesting he went on to be a debunker of the subject.

I believe Carl Sagan was simply a pursuer of truth, and did not allow his personal beliefs or fantasies to get in the way of that.
cRush

Postby Moon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:24 pm

cRush wrote:I believe Carl Sagan was simply a pursuer of truth, and did not allow his personal beliefs or fantasies to get in the way of that.

That could be said of his earlier career, but he did not sound like that in his later years as he did his best to debunk ufology. His explanation that the Hills saw Jupiter is laughable in light of the evidence to two radar confirmations of an unknown object in the area by two different military posts.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Linda77 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:11 pm

I saw the show two weeks ago and still find myself reflecting how profound it was. I never would have guessed that the AA producers would take the enriching, transformative near death experiences and associate them with the make believe, fictional imagination that created vampires and zombies. The fact that I am very disappointed is an understatement.

To the mass public which takes TV documentaries as the sole truth, many will now relate NDE testimonials as a link to evil, blood and overall - unreal. I don't believe the masses actually take the time to read the research done on the NDEs so your Undead show will become fact in their lives. I feel your show greatly undermined the work of Raymond Moody, M.D. , Bruce Greyson M.D., Kenneth Ring and Jeffery Long M.D. , not to overlook the courageous individuals who put the their names and stories into print.

I believe the producers and Mr. Von Daniken owe the experiencers and researchers some sort of apology for this erroneous association to vampires and zombies. Maybe you should also produce a show that gives a more truthful insight to the positive nature of NDEs. How about reading the research on some experiencers who actually experience the cosmic universe beyond our Earth?

I believe you erred greatly in producing the Undead episode. Your links to these subjects and ET phenomena was so weak, I still can't recall what they were. I just hope you have the courage to undo the damage you have done to the NDE communities. At least extend an apology to Jessica and Dr. Long.
Linda77

Postby andiwaslike » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:26 am

it's getting ridiculous at this point
i know it's just all maybe but still it's almost like every bleep we do is because of the aliens
andiwaslike

Previous

Return to ANCIENT ALIENS on the History Channel